The Outreach Committee meets at 7:30 the first Wednesday evening of each month.
The purpose of the committee is to be involved in helping both in and beyond the parish.
The Outreach Committee is involved in:
1. The Mary Street School Breakfast Program which provides a nourishing breakfast to children who would otherwise do without.
2. Distribution of food and personal care products donated by parish members.
3. Co-ordinating the Angel Tree Gift Bag program at Christmas.
4. Distribution and delivery of mittens, scarves and hats from the "Mitten Tree" to needy area schools.
5. Purchasing socks for the needy with Canadian Tire money.
6. Delivery of pop tabs.
7. Sending birthday and Christmas cards to residents with mental health problems who reside at St. George's House in Toronto.
8. Provision of meal tickets one day a week.
9. Distribution of Outreach Funds to the following:
- Cornerstone - Men's Hostel
- YWCA - transitional housing for women, teens and children
- Denise House - a shelter and safe haven for abused women and children
- Gate 3:16 - a Christian counseling and drop-in centre for men, women and youth
- Simcoe Hall Settlement House - delivers programs and services to contribute to the wellness of needy individuals and families and provides a food bank
- Durham Outlook for the Needy - umbrella organization for St. Vincent's Kitchen
- Lakeridge Chaplaincy - ongoing ministry for those in hospital and their families
- World Vision - sponsorship of a 10 year old girl from Tanzania. We recently donated $100 to help stock a medical clinic. The $100 pays for the shipping of $1500 of medical supplies donated by a pharmaceutical company.
- Primate's World Relief Fund - to support current world disasters
Individual Parishioners Donate:
- Gift Bags for the Angel Tree program
- Food for Simcoe Hall Settlement House
- Mittens, scarves and hats for the “mitten tree
- Personal care items
- A&P register tapes
- Canadian Tire money
- Aluminum pop tabs
- Campbell soup labels
Other Church Groups Participate in Outreach by:
- Serving at St. Vincent's Kitchen
- Delivering Meals on Wheels
- Providing special meals at St. George's for the homeless
- Making teddy bears for Third World countries and for Alzheimer patients
- Visiting parishioners who are in hospital, nursing homes or confined to their own homes
- Participating in the Open Door program to welcome visitors to our church each weekday between 11:30 and 1:30
- Playing the chimes on a daily basis
- Delivering altar flowers to various places
New members are always welcome to join the Outreach Committee.
If interested please contact Monica Dragomatz by leaving a message at the office: 905-723-7875.